Maintenance and support
When an information system goes live, it does not mean that from now on one will only use the current version making no changes to the product whatsoever. The next stage is the information system maintenance. It is important not only because possible troubles with system or applied software need to be timely and properly fixed, but also due to frequently changing demands of the customer's business. In a maintained system such demands can be duely satisfied by implementing necessary modifications and enhancements to the application business processes.
Typical maintenance services are as follows:
- promptly consulting (by phone or e-mail) the customer's specialists on using the system and applied software;
- access to customer support portal;
- fast elimination of system malfunctions resulting in minimum downtime;
- software upgrade;
- consulting the customer's specialists at place on the software functioning;
- implementation of new functions;
- system re-configuration caused by the customer's new requirements.
The operation and maintenance statistics can be consequently used to decide upon the urge of a complex modernization of the system or upon the development of a new version of the system.